I haven't "won" very many contests in my lifetime (excluding basketball games). My sister, Layne, e-mailed me a drawing for the Utah Chocolate Show. Layne has been to the show before and said it is awesome and her friend Colleen has won tickets a few times, but not this year, so she was really bummed. All I had to do to enter the drawing was forward the e-mail to 5 people. I LIKE chocolate. So I did it. Low and behold, a few days later I got an e-mail back saying that I had won 2 tickets. (I think you the tickets are only $7 to get in so it's not like I couldn't go otherwise, but now I'll go instead of just thinking it would be fun to go to.) I figured most people win tickets, but Layne told me they just select 15 winners each week for 2 weeks. I guess that makes me one of the lucky few. Since Layne is the one that allowed me this opportunity...we'll have a sisters day out and enjoy chocolate.
Earlier I mentioned that I haven't won tickets to many things, but I did win tickets to something else before. Back in 1995 I wanted to go to the AT&T Challenge tennis tournament in Atlanta. Andre Agassi was playing in it and for all who know me, know that I love Andre Agassi. My dad was working for AT&T and said I could get discounted tickets if I called a certain number. I waited too late and it was either sold out, or they no longer had the "discounted" tickets available. I was explaining to the guy on the phone how badly I wanted to see Agassi. With his help, we analyzed the draw and figured that Agassi would most likely play Thursday night in the quarterfinals. I really wanted to go to that match. After quite the long discussion, he finally says, "I'll tell you what. I don't have any tickets I can sell you, but I do have 2 box seat tickets in the 7th row that I can give you...what is your name and address?" My heart was beating I was so excited. Luckily, I did get to watch Agassi play in that quarterfinal and he went on to win the tournament. So fun. So lucky.
I totally remember that.
ReplyDeleteThose are great stories!!!! Who's watching the kiddos?
ReplyDeleteI think we'll go on Saturday, so their DADDY should be able to watch them, unless he requests help.
ReplyDelete