Monday, February 9, 2009

A Day in the Snow.

It snowed last night/early this morning, so I decided to get Andersen out of the house in my attempt to divert him from his latest obsession...watching CARS all day long. I put his hat and gloves on (the coat remained on the steps in the garage) and he made his way out of the garage and down the driveway...
but he didn't get very far before he slipped and landed on his bum. Converse probably aren't the best snow shoes. He said, "It's icy." The gloves are too big, so he eventually ditched those.
He actually slipped twice, but then he got the hang of it. After I shoveled the driveway, I attempted to build him a snowman. I've never made one before, so I figured the smaller, the better.
Here he his looking at the snowman...not totally sure what to think of it.
Then he decides to befriend the snowman,
and pick it up,
but his head falls off. He's still content on carrying the remains, but...
he only gets to the garage before the body falls off and crashes to the floor. This sent him into hysterics, so I quickly rebuilt "Frosty". The newly repaired Frosty found a new home on the back deck so Daddy could see it when he got home from work. (didn't take a picture of that.)
He was soaking wet from his falls, so when we came inside I stripped him of the wet clothes and he warmed himself up under some blankets. I went and made him a sandwich and when I returned to get him, he was...
sound asleep!

3 comments:

  1. perfect day!!! cute photos! If we get some good snow bring him up for sledding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is jealous of the snow and Frosty. We are very Frosty-centric here. Matt loves Frosty and can even sing part of the song. Love the pics and how great that he fell asleep - hopefully Holly was asleep also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Holly was asleep during this adventure. You are welcome to come visit in the winter any time and build as many Frostys as you'd like.

    ReplyDelete