Today was Holly's special day...she turned 1. Too bad we all have head colds that have been lingering for over a week. Charl and I went to the doctor to get antibiotics in hopes of speeding up the recovery. Granny Louw came over to sit with the kids while they were napping, but they were mostly awake during the hour that we were gone. Holly and Andersen can't really take any medicine so they just have to deal with me and the tissues! We got Chinese takeout, since I didn't feel up to cooking dinner. We had Crispy Beef and Sesame Chicken. Holly ate some of the rice and maybe a bite of chicken...but preferred her jar of sweet potatoes. Andersen, like usual, didn't eat any dinner. Here are some pictures from the evening.

Holly eating some Chinese food.

Holly posing with her first birthday cake. She could not wait to get her hands on that butterfly. The cake turned out cuter than I thought it would...I'm glad someone told me how make butterflies out of pretzels...they were the most sought after part.
Mommy and Holly.
Blowing out the candles. Anders was a big help with this.
Here we go...DIG IN!
(Notice Holly's clothes have been removed.)

That was a YUMMY cake!

Mommy and Daddy gave Holly some jeans and beads. Andersen gave Holly a push toy that plays music, but Andersen thought all the toys were for him.

These are the 2 books that Granny Ann sent. The Gallop book is really cute. The animals "move" when you turn the page. Anders really liked this book. He pretended to be the animals.

Holly sporting her new bead necklace.
I can't believe that a year has passed since you were born. It's been fun reflecting on all the joy you bring us. You are such a sweet little girl. We love you a ton!
Wow I can't believe that she is 1! Sorry you guys were sick for her birthday.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Holy. I like the cupcake arrangement. Very cute.
ReplyDelete