We spent Memorial day with Layne and her family and at some point she said something to the effect of "I'm so lame, but I don't have your birthday present ready." I told her she didn't need to do anything, but she said it screamed my name. I saw her on Saturday (5 days later) and she gave me the gift. She made me a really cute bag. She knows I love blue and this was the perfect material for me. Now I want a bigger one to use as the kid's Sunday diaper/toy bag.


Layne is so thoughtful of others and I'm glad that she has taken the time to develop her talents, because I've been a lucky recipient many times. I need to be more like her and be more willing to even try new things. Thanks so much for thinking of me. I love you.
P.S. - This was first thing my neighbor noticed when I walked into Sunday School today and she said, "Where did you get that....you're sister made that...what does she charge?"
I'm so glad you liked it. Your comment made me cry! I guess I'm just done being on my own. I'm tired and yeseterday I tried to do too many things! I'm so glad you liked it. I'm glad your tastes have changed, because there was a time flowery stuff would NOT have been your cup of tea!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy neighbor said she wanted a scripture tote too, even gave me her favorite colors! They are worse to make than taggies! I'd probably have to charge a lot since each one takes about $20 for materials and then about 4 hours of my time. I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay me for materials and $10/hr for my time. I'm not so sure I'd like to make this a living!!!
I will try to make a big one. Go to material girls and look at all the bags and pick up the pattern and we'll do it in the same fabric. But there are many to choose from.
I love you too!
What a sweet bag. What a great sister...and I don't my sister will ever do flowers although I think pink finally made into the mix. Happy Birthday Katie.
ReplyDeleteSweet bag!!! You are also talented! Laynie you should charge $20 an hour!
ReplyDelete