Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Visit from Yo

Charl's roommate from his single days in California, Yo, was in Utah for a visit. He came to Sunday dinner with us at Charl's parents. His mom made a yummy "post birthday" dinner with salmon, chicken and too many other items to list. For dessert she made a coconut cake soaked in jello, topped with pudding and berries. Very delicious! Since we didn't sing Happy Birthday at the restaurant, we put a candle in this cake and sang away. This, of course, was Andersen's favorite part of the meal.
The anticipation....Andersen is dying to get that cake.

Blow. We didn't make it too tough for him this year!

Yo was so cute with Holly and Andersen. Holly has been so attached to me lately and has not wanted anyone else to hold her for a long few months. When we got to Granny's house, Granny was on the phone with an important call, trying to get dinner put together and 2 minutes after we arrived their home teacher comes for a visit, unbeknown to her. So I took over in the kitchen prepping food, and handed Holly off to Yo expecting a major meltdown. The meltdown never happened and she went to him many times throughout the evening. (It looks like Holly likes people again.) I even think Yo forgave her for "leaking" on his sweatshirt. Oops, I meant to change her diaper as soon as we had arrived. Sorry about that! We had fun spending the evening with Yo.

3 comments:

  1. You guys let him in your house!!!! JK. I just wanted to tell you that I love your playlist. I keep your blog open while I am online so that I can listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute pictures!! I loved watching your cuties today at church... they are just so adorable. Happy Mothers Day!!!

    ReplyDelete