Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Things I Want To Remember

Charl has funny names for baby items.

we say binki, he says mouthpiece
we say car seat, he says baby seat
we say bib, he says apron

There is some logic to his terminology, but it still sounds funny.

Tonight Andersen had a couple of 1st.

The first thing new he did tonight was pee in the potty. Before his bath I've been putting him on the potty to get him familiar with the toilet. Since Charl usually bathes him, this has only happened maybe 4 or 5 times. As expected, he never does anything (except try to put his feet inside...it took him a few tries to figure out how to sit on it). Tonight, however he got a bath right after drinking a full glass of milk. I put him right on the potty and he let it rip. I said, "Yea, you did it!" He smiled from ear to ear. It was really cute. A few days later, he pooped in his diaper as he usally does in the late morning. So I took the diaper off and dumped the poop in the potty and set him on the potty again. He looked down, while sitting, and noticed something in the bottom of the water and he said, "stinky rocks." I got him down and we flushed, and he said, "bye stinky rocks." He thinks he poops rocks.

The second thing new for Andersen was he said, "YES." For those who Anders, you know that he is very good at saying NO. I have never heard him say "yes" to anything. Even if I ask him if he wants "chocolate milk" he never says "yes", instead he'll just run and get a cup and wait by the fridge door. He lets his actions do the talking. Well tonight we were watching Andy Roddick play in US Open. There was an exciting point and Charl yelled, "YES! HE GOT IT!" Andersen, too, got caught up in the excitement and yelled, "YES!" just like his daddy. At least now I know he can say that word.

3 comments:

  1. He is really getting big. Keep up the potty time, it is worth it. I had 2 out of 4 get it down pretty early. Can you guess who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Charl's terminology coming from his father? It sounds like words South Africans might use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, because in South Africa a binki is called a "dumb-dumb".

    ReplyDelete